Options for Canadians Seeking an Egg Donor
Anonymous donors: There are donors in Canada who donate their eggs anonymously and their identity is not revealed but the intended parents are provided with information about the egg donors including; age, ethnicity, medical history, family history, childhood or recent photographs, education, etc. Egg donors, will have to go through a rigorous screening process before they are allowed to donate that includes genetic screening, psychological screening, blood tests and a fertility evaluation.
Altruistic Egg Donors in Canada: Generally couples seek for the known Egg donors either through family or friends, who are willing to offer their eggs as an altruistic donation (i.e.: the egg donor does not receive payment).
To get the desired results, it is important to for the recipient to to choose the best and the suitable profile of the egg donor, which is one of the tedious task. Therefore, we make it easier for you by the following process.
1. Have completed a history and medical exam and testing to satisfaction with our team of specialists of Egg donation.
2. Candidate should be having regular menstrual cycle.
3. Age limit: An Egg Donor must be aged between 18 years to 35 years.
4. Affected with no Sexually transmitted disease ever before.
5. No family hereditary disease in past, so that the resultant child will not be having any health issues in future.
6. Egg Donor Consent: There have to be a written consent of the embryo donor to be documented for the use of donated embryos in the treatment.